Business Logos Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to Business Logos! By using Business Logos, and signing up as a Client, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use (the "Terms and Conditions"), including those terms and conditions incorporated by reference. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you may not use the Business Logos service. Business Logos may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this web page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions, because they are binding on you. In these Terms and Conditions, all services provided by and related to Business Logos, and all text, images, photographs, user interface, "look" and "feel", data and other content included at BusinessLogos.com from time to time (including, without limitation, the selection, coordination and arrangement of such content) are sometimes referred to as the "Web Site" and/or "Service."
You acknowledge and agree that Business Logos shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion, to pre-screen, refuse or remove any project and/or user provided content that violates these Terms and Conditions or is otherwise objectionable, including, without limitation, projects or content that is illegal, obscene, indecent, defamatory, incites religious, racial or ethnic hatred, or violates the rights of others. Activity that is brought to our attention which appears in our sole judgment to violate the law will be brought to the attention of the proper authorities. You acknowledge, consent and agree that Business Logos may access, preserve, and disclose your account information and content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce these Terms and Conditions; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Business Logos, its users and the public.
- Business Logos Service Generally
- Description. The Business Logos Service is an online offering where individuals or entities that have signed up with Business Logos as clients (each, a "Client") can post specific assignments and project descriptions, including illustrative samples or other media (each, a "Creative Brief"), revise those Creative Briefs (each, a "Revision Brief") and obtain responses (each, a "Response") to those Creative or Revision Briefs from design experts retained by Business Logos ("Members"). Business Logos will provide you, as the Client, the Service according to the Package you have chosen as detailed in section 1(e) below. Your Responses will be created iteratively through a drafting cycle of Creative Briefs, Revision Briefs and Responses, ultimately resulting in a final Response conforming to your various Creative and Revision Briefs.
- Creative Brief and Responses. You are solely responsible for preparing and posting detailed descriptions of each of your Creative Briefs to the Web Site, including providing samples illustrating your Creative Brief and any relevant deadlines. For each Response to a Creative Brief that you want to receive, a term sheet (a "Term Sheet") will be generated that will contain, and be subject to, the terms and conditions you have established for the Creative or Revision Brief. Business Logos is under no obligation to review a Creative or Revision Brief or Term Sheet for any purpose, including accuracy, completeness of information, quality or clarity. Business Logos may decide, in its sole discretion, to deny a Creative or Revision Brief or a Term Sheet.
- Reviewing Responses. When Business Logos provides you with a Response, you are responsible for reviewing the Response. If you fail to promptly inform Business Logos that the Response is not reasonably responsive to the related Term Sheet or Creative Brief, you will be deemed to have accepted the Response. If you notify Business Logos that you think a Response is not reasonably responsive to the related Creative Brief, you shall then submit to the Web Site a Revision Brief containing information regarding amendments or modification to be made to the initial Response. After you provide Business Logos with a Revision Brief, Business Logos will provide you with a subsequent Response that conforms to the additional criteria you requested. Business Logos is not responsible for the content of Responses developed to the extent that such Responses are prepared to conform to your Creative or Revision Briefs.
- Revision Cycles. Revision cycles generally consist of 2-6 additional compositions that incorporate changes you request in a Revision Brief. The purpose of the revision process is to create Responses that move your project forward in the specific direction you have determined. You may request significant changes in the first and second cycles, and the Responses generated might be quite different in nature from the original composition you selected. By the third revision request, your requests shall be modifications of the current composition only. Revision requests that depart from the then-current composition will be honored and completed in a timely manner, however; Business Logos reserves the right to charge $50 for each such Revision. No revision work, which requires payment, will be started without your authorization.
- Packages. You may select from the following Service Packages:
- Start-up Package 4 original Response compositions 2 revision cycles
- Business Package 6 original Response compositions Unlimited revision cycles
- Corporate Package 10 original Response compositions Unlimited revision cycles
- Logo Redraw Package 2 Logo Redraw variations 2 revision cycles
- Business Plus Package 6 original Response compositions Unlimited revision cycles 2 Stationery Design Concepts 2 revision cycles
- Corporate Plus Package 10 original Response compositions Unlimited revision cycles 2 Stationery Design Concepts 2 revision cycles
- Client Accounts. When you register for the Service, you must pay for the Service via PayPal, or other payment method expressly authorized by Business Logos. You will be charged for the Package you have selected. Business Logos will email you a receipt for the transactions in which you are involved. Our fee policy for Clients may change and we may decide to impose additional fees on Clients at any time; however, such additional fees will not apply to projects submitted before Business Logos implements any such change in fees.
- Refunds. If you are not satisfied with the initial Responses provided by Business Logos, and have paid the full fee up-front, you may request a refund by completing the Refund Request form, which will be provided to you upon request. Upon timely receipt of the completed form, Business Logos will refund the total payment made by you, less a one-hundred fifty dollar ($150.00) service and processing fee. If you paid up-front and are not satisfied with the initial Responses provided by Business Logos, you may complete the project cancellation form or email. If the request is submitted within 3 business days from when the initial Responses were completed, you will not be billed the remaining balance for the logo package you purchased. If this form is not completed within 3 business days from when the initial Responses were completed, you will be billed the remaining balance of the price of the selected package. In addition, refunds are only available to the actual Client for whom the logo was created. No refund is available for design firms or for those who order our design services on behalf of another entity. Furthermore, you shall forfeit the right to the refund outlined above if you request additional revisions to any of the initial concepts. You shall also forfeit the right to a refund if you do not respond in a timely manner to a status notification from Business Logos, as described below in section 1.
Should you receive a refund, you agree that your acceptance of the refund shall constitute your sole and exclusive remedy with respect to related Responses. Additionally, you acknowledge that you will have no right (express or implied) to use any Response or other work product, content, or media, nor will you have any ownership interest in or to the same.
- Project Duration. You agree to provide timely responses to any status notifications that Business Logos sends to you. You shall have 30 days to respond to each Response sent to you. If after 30 days you have failed to respond, Business Logos will assume that your project is complete and the project shall be deemed completed. At such time, Business Logos will have no further obligation to you, and you will pay Business Logos pursuant to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Business Logos reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or a portion of the Service, at any time, with or without notice. In the event of such termination, Business Logos will determine, in its sole discretion, whether you are entitled to any refund.
- Eligibility, Access, Use and Service
- Authorization to Use; Permitted Uses. You may access and use the Service solely in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and any posted policies and procedures that appear on the Web Site. You may provide Creative Briefs and obtain Responses only if you register as a Client. Any use of the Web Site is at your sole risk and responsibility. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, you may (i) display the Web Site on an Internet access device, and (ii) on an occasional, infrequent and ad hoc basis, and only in circumstances that constitute "fair use" under United States copyright law, print copies of insubstantial portions of the Web Site.
- Prohibited Uses. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms and Conditions, you may not display or print the Web Site and in no event may you broadcast, circulate, distribute, download, perform, publish, rent, reproduce, sell, store, transmit or create decorative works from the Web Site. Additionally, you agree to comply with all applicable laws (including, without limitation, any applicable export controls) in connection with your use of the Service, and with such further limitations or rules as may be set forth on the Web Site. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to transmit, distribute, post, communicate or store information or other material on, to or through the Web Site that (i) is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner; (ii) reveals trade secrets, unless you own them; (iii) infringes on any other proprietary or intellectual property rights of others, on the privacy or publicity rights of others, or any statutory right; (iv) is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity; (v) is sexually-explicit; (vi) constitutes advertisements or solicitations of business, chain letters or pyramid schemes; or (vii) contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information. You further agree not to (a) use any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or other information for purposes of registering as a Client; (b) delete or revise any material or other information of any other user of Business Logos; (c) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Web Site's infrastructure; (d) use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activity being conducted on the Web Site; (e) use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including, without limitation, browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search the Web Site, other than the search engine and search agents available from Business Logos on the Web Site and other than generally available third-party web browsers (e.g., Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator); or (f) attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Web Site.
- Web Site Security. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Web Site, including, without limitation, (i) accessing data not intended for you or logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (ii) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (iii) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, by way of submitting a virus to, or overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing" or "crashing", the Web Site; (iv) sending unsolicited email to any user of the Web Site, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; or (v) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting generated in connection with the Service. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Business Logos will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations. Business Logos reserves the right to review postings on the Web Site, to remove any postings, and to terminate your ability to communicate with, or post to, the Web Site at any time without notice, in its sole discretion. Business Logos will use commercially reasonable efforts not to disclose any information you communicate with, or post to, the Web Site, but reserves the right to disclose such information to the extent necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, and the right to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part.
- Operation of Web Site. Business Logos shall not be responsible for any delays or interruptions of, or errors or omissions contained in, the Web Site. Business Logos reserves the right, but shall not be required, to correct any such delays, interruptions, errors or omissions. Although Business Logos intends to use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Web Site and Service accessible, Business Logos makes no representation, warranty or covenant that the Web Site or Service will be available at all times or at any time. Various circumstances may prevent or delay availability, including telecommunications and/or server problems. Business Logos may at any time discontinue the Web Site in whole or in part, may change or eliminate any transmission method, and may change transmission speeds or other signal characteristics. Business Logos shall not be responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may result from any of the circumstances, actions or inactions described in this paragraph.
- Registration, Password, User Identity
- Your User Identity. When you register as a Client, you will create a user identity (your "User Identity"), which will be your identity for purposes of interacting with other users through the Web Site. Your User Identity will include certain personal information, such as, the industry in which you operate. However, your user name need not be your real name. During the registration process, the fields requesting information that will be made available to others as part of your User Identity are identified. You are responsible for ensuring that you are comfortable making such information available to other Web Site users.
- Access Numbers, Passwords, and Password Access. You shall keep confidential, shall not disseminate, and shall use solely in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, your User Identity, registration identification and password for the Web Site. You shall immediately notify Business Logos if you learn of or suspect: (i) any loss or theft of your User Identity, registration identification or password, or (ii) any unauthorized use of your registration identification or password or of the Web Site. In the event of such loss, theft, or unauthorized use, Business Logos may impose on you, at Business Logos' sole discretion, additional security obligations.
- Security Breaches and Revision. If any unauthorized person obtains access to the Web Site as a result of any act or omission by you, you shall use your best efforts to ascertain the source and manner of acquisition and shall fully and promptly inform Business Logos. You shall otherwise cooperate and assist in any investigation relating to any such unauthorized access.
- Ownership; Rights to Use
- Web Site and Service Generally. Except as expressly contemplated under these Terms and Conditions, as between Business Logos and you, Business Logos will own all right, title and interest in and to all copyright, trademark, service mark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property and proprietary rights in and to the Web Site and Service, in all media now known or later devised, to the fullest extent provided under United States and international law. You shall not remove, conceal or alter any copyright notice, byline information, disclaimer, restriction or other notice on the Web Site or any portion thereof. You shall not use or permit any third party to use the name, trademarks, trade names, or trade dress of Business Logos, including "Business Logos", without the prior written consent of Business Logos, as determined in its sole discretion, for each such use.
- Creative and Response Briefs. Upon submission of a Creative or Response Brief or any other information or media provided by you in connection with your use of the Service (collectively, the "Client Information"), Business Logos and its agents shall have all rights and licenses necessary to use such Client Information for the purpose of obtaining Responses and for archival purposes. Each Member to whom your project is made available has the right to review and display the relevant Term Sheet for purposes of preparing a Response.
- Rights of Business Logos. Upon your submission of Client Information to the Service, you grant Business Logos and its agents a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, exclusive, worldwide right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform and display (in whole or in part), and/or incorporate in other works, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, such Client Information, for the full term of any intellectual property rights that may exist in such Client Information to the extent necessary to provide you with the Service and Responses.
- Rights of Clients. Subject to your compliance with these Terms and Conditions, you shall own the final the Response composition provided to you by Business Logos (the "Final Product"). You shall not, however, own any materials, media or other content generated during any revision cycles leading up to the Final Product, and Business Logos expressly reserves all right, title and interest in and to the same. You acknowledge and hereby grant to Business Logos a royalty-free, irrevocable exclusive worldwide right to use Creative and Revision Briefs, individual Responses provided to you, and Final Product for internal and archival purposes, and in order to display and promote the Business Logos Service. Business Logos retains the rights to all artwork concepts and other content not selected by you. You acknowledge that your ownership rights under these Terms and Conditions are limited to the Final Product, and that no trademarks or service marks in or to any Final Product are being conveyed under these Terms and Conditions. You hereby acknowledge that Business Logos shall have no obligation or duty to perform trademark, service mark or copyright searches or inquiries, or the like, in order to validate the propriety or legality of the Final Product. Accordingly, you are encouraged to perform your own independent searches with regard to the Final Product. Furthermore, you acknowledge that Business Logos shall have no responsibility or obligation of any kind to assist you in seeking state or federal intellectual property protection (i.e., without limitation, trademark or copyright registration) for the Final Product, nor shall Business Logos be responsible for otherwise assisting you in any way in your attempt to perfect your rights in or to the Final Product.
- Copyright and/or Trademark. Due to the complexities of international copyright and trademark law, Business Logos will not be held liable should the client be found to be infringing on an already existing copyright, trademark, or service mark relating to the project name, description or service. All artwork designs created during creation of the project are original works and can be protected by copyright.
- Nondisclosure and Privacy
- Disclaimers; Indemnification; Limitations of Liability
- Responsibility for Content. Business Logos shall not be responsible for any use that is or is not made of the Web Site or the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Business Logos makes no representations, warranties or covenants regarding, and does not guarantee, the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any information or other material (including, without limitation, any Creative Brief, Term Sheets, Responses or User Identity) that are communicated through, or posted to, the Service, whether by Members, Clients, Business Logos or otherwise, nor does Business Logos endorse any opinions expressed by any user of the Web Site, including any Member or Client. Without limiting the foregoing, Business Logos makes no representations, warranties or covenants regarding the validity of the rights to Responses granted pursuant to these Terms and Conditions. You acknowledge that any reliance on information or other material, including, without limitation, any information related to a particular Package or your project, Term Sheet, Response or User Identity, communicated through the Service, or posted to the Web Site, will be at your own risk. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree and acknowledge that you use each Response at your own risk and that you are responsible for taking any actions you deem reasonable to determine whether your use of a Response will infringe any statutory or third-party intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Links to Third-Party Services. The Web Site may contain links to third-party web sites or other services (the "Linked Content"). The Linked Content is not under the control of Business Logos and Business Logos is not responsible for the Linked Content, including, without limitation, links contained in the Linked Content, or any changes or updates to Linked Content. Business Logos is providing Linked Content to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of such Linked Content is not an endorsement by Business Logos of such Linked Content. If you decide to access any Linked Content, you do so at your own risk.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SERVICE AND THE RESPONSES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." Business Logos MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING ANY PART THEREOF, OR ANY WEB SITE OR OTHER CONTENT OR SERVICE THAT MAY BE ACCESSIBLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY THROUGH THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING ANY TERM SHEET, RESPONSE, USER IDENTITY OR LINKED CONTENT. Business Logos DISCLAIMS, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY AND ALL SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, Business Logos DISCLAIMS, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY AND ALL (i) WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (ii) WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS; (iii) WARRANTIES RELATING TO DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, OR OMISSIONS IN THE WEB SITE, OR ANY PART THEREOF; (iv) WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE TRANSMISSION OR DELIVERY OF THE WEB SITE; AND (v) WARRANTIES OTHERWISE RELATING TO PERFORMANCE, NONPERFORMANCE, OR OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS BY Business Logos OR ANY THIRD PARTY. FURTHERMORE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS OR THE NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS OF ANY OTHER PERSON.
- Release from Claims. The Service serves solely as a venue for the creation of work and Business Logos does not regularly screen or censor any information or material posted to the Web Site. Although Business Logos makes commercially reasonable efforts to determine the identity of Clients, Business Logos cannot and does not confirm that any Client or other user is who they claim to be or that any Client or other user has the qualifications he or she claims to have. Because Business Logos does not and cannot be involved in user-to-user dealings or control the behavior of participants on the Web Site, if you have a dispute with one or more users, you hereby release Business Logos (and our affiliates, agents and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential, direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
- Indemnification. You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Business Logos and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners and employees from any action, claim, demand, or liability arising from or relating to your violation of any of these Terms and Conditions or use of the Web Site, and any expenses incurred in connection therewith, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees.
- Limitation of Damages. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY OR ANY THIRD PARTY BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING UNDER OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING ANY PART THEREOF, OR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR ANY OTHER CONSENT (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, TRADING LOSSES, AND DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM INACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR INCONVENIENCE, DELAY, OR LOSS OF THE USE OF THE SERVICE) EVEN IF Business Logos OR ANY THIRD PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. Business Logos' TOTAL LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT YOU PAID TO Business Logos FOR YOUR PACKAGE UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- Miscellaneous Provisions
- Amendment. No modification, amendment, or waiver of these Terms and Conditions or any part hereof shall be binding unless evidenced in writing and signed by Business Logos.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, then such provision shall be deemed null and void, but the remaining provisions shall continue in full force without being impaired or invalidated in any way.
- Mutual Participation. The language of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to be the language mutually chosen by the parties and no rule of strict construction shall be applied against or in favor of either party hereto.
- Headings. The section headings and other headings contained herein shall not affect the meaning or interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
- Choice of Law; Forum. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the substantive law of the State of Utah, without reference to any choice of law rules that would result in the application of the substantive law of any other jurisdiction. The parties agree that any disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the federal courts having jurisdiction in Salt Lake City, Utah, or state courts having jurisdiction in the area in which such federal courts have jurisdiction, and the parties consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts with respect to such disputes.
- Assignment. You may not assign or otherwise transfer (by operation of law or otherwise) any of your rights or duties hereunder unless Business Logos agrees in writing after receiving prior written notice. Any attempted assignment or other transfer without the requisite consent shall be null and void ab initio. Business Logos may assign or otherwise transfer any of its rights or the performance of any of its duties without your consent.
- Waiver. The waiver by Business Logos of a breach or a violation of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not operate as or be construed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach or violation of any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- Independent Contractors. The parties and their respective personnel are and shall be independent contracts and neither party by virtue of these Terms and Conditions shall have any right, power or authority to act or create any obligation, express or implied, on behalf of the other party.
- Force Majeure. If the performance of any part of these Terms and Conditions by either party is prevented, hindered, delayed or otherwise made impracticable by reason of any flood, riot, fire, judicial or governmental action, labor disputes, act of God or any other causes beyond the control of either party, that party shall be excused from such to the extent that such performance is prevented, hindered or delayed by such causes.
- Capacity. The parties hereby warrant and represent that they have all necessary rights and authority to execute these Terms and Conditions and to fulfill their obligations hereunder.
- Further Assurances. The parties hereto shall, at their own cost and expenses, execute and deliver such other documents, artwork, programming code and instruments and shall take such other action as may reasonably be required or appropriate to evidence or carry out the intent and purposes of these Terms and Conditions.j